Fire damage is one problem that requires immediate attention. This is because it can cause severe damage to any property or building, which is particularly evident in the ceilings or the walls. However, by taking immediate restoration action, you can minimize the chances of further damage.
Did you know that on average, homeowners of Tampa Bay, Florida pay between $3000 and $5000 to fire restoration service companies for just a minor fire outbreak? This is because fire damage restoration is not an easy job; it takes a lot of time, effort, and expertise. Calling a reliable company like EE&G Restoration Services in Tampa Bay, Florida, is the safest way to get your house restored to its former state. With that said, if you want to clean up some of the damage until a professional arrives, you need to learn a few tips and tricks for your safety.
Here are some fire damage cleanup tips you can follow:
- First of all, open all the doors and windows to keep the area well-ventilated and free from toxic fumes.
- Remove items that have been damaged by smoke or fire. Once removed, you can now deal with smoke odor and soot.
- Soot left by fire is highly toxic; it can cause severe irritation to the skin, eyes, and nose. Wear protective gear to prevent the inhalation of soot so that you can comfortably clean up your house.
- Soot tends to have an oily base, which is why it’s challenging to get rid of it. You need a cleaning agent to do the job. Trisodium phosphate cleaner is the best one to use, as it removes the greasiness in a jiffy.
- Protect your furniture from smoke by using old linens or towels to provide an additional layer of coverage.
- Damage to the walls may expose live wires, do not touch or try to fix any wire without wearing safety gear.
- Clean the chrome surfaces with a light coating of oil or petroleum jelly.
- If electricity is off then immediately empty your freezer or refrigerator and keep the doors open to get rid of the burning smell.
- Lastly, use white vinegar to wipe down every area where soot and smoke were present. It will help you get rid of the bad odor caused by fire and smoke.
So keep these fire damage cleanup tips in mind in case the need arises. However, if you want to restore your house to its former glory, you will have to call a professional for fire damage restoration services.
EE&G Restoration Services, LLC has over 30 years of experience in mold remediation and fire, storm, and water damage restoration. This level of expertise has established us as the leading restoration company in Georgia and Florida.